Monday, October 8, 2007

I need to get creative

My creativity itch hasn't been scratched in a long time. I used to print photographs, frame them etc. I used to invest many hours in the dark room listening to Beck's Midnight Vultures while solarising my black and whites. Projects. I once did an installation, a self portrait with cigarettes. The photo below really doesn't have a theme to it, it doesn't really speak to anything. Sure, I think it looks cool and it's pretty self absorbed, but, doesn't really say anything.
My Critique-
Backdrop: Reciept from a bar in Chicago
Mixed Photos: Billy, Brent, Buildings, Kissing
Text: eh, whatever...more dramatic than needed
Maybe it's saying something like, "yeah, I am pretty damn awesome, see how badass I can look?" or "I'm an alcoholic and I have nothing to invest in accept my self pity...but I have friends see? oh...and I look awesome"
Overall it's a cool looking photo, but there's nothing to it...it's like Pot Pie minus the Pie.
I need to get creative, if I don't, I'll just sit around looking at the wall wondering why I'm not creative anymore. Self pity isn't a theme either.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

"Mixed Photos: Billy, Brent, Buildings, Kissing"

Huh.