Friday, October 10, 2008

What is this constant wanting to have something happen? I swear, it's 1:30 in the am. and I'm still ready for something to take place at this hour. Sometimes I wish I were not the social person I am. I sit here, listening to music and want to go out. Out where? This is something that has plagued me since I learned how to ride a bike. I feel like I'm stuck here with nothing going on but my own thoughts and when left to my thoughts, they drive me insane.
For instance:
1. How am I going to get from under the thumb of a photographer and do my own work?
2. When are my nieces and nephews going to decided to tell their parents they want to be like uncle Billy? Yikes!
3. When is all this hard work going to pan out for me?
4. Will buying my own home ever happen?
5. Is it going to be LA or NYC?
6. In my own pursuit of artistic success, should I actually do other things (other than photography) that will stimulate my ideas? And how can I do that?
7. Do I really have to worry about corporate bail outs?
8. Will I ever be able to travel internationally again?
9. Did I choose the wrong major? Does that really matter now?
10. If I really try, could I do a photo doc on missionaries in Turkey and Austria...I mean...I would love to, but could I pay for it, and would it be worth it?

To be honest, I don't like where I live. I don't like the Valley. It's not fun. Fun is not my right however and I'll go through it day by day. All I know is this. Everyone has a surge, and when it happens, you better be ready for it. If you're not, it'll pass you by and you'll never know it happened.

2 comments:

Carleen said...

2. When are my nieces and nephews going to decided to tell their parents they want to be like uncle Billy? Yikes!

HUH? Yikes is right! ;)

As far as wrong major choice...does not matter at this point does it? You got a degree...THAT is what matters.

Unknown said...

True. I don't think about it that much. It just came up.