Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have a cold

Last weekend in New York, as I walked from 204th street to 207th street/Broadway to grab some cash and hail a car, it rained. I liked the rain, I thought it added to my North Manhattan experience for the evening. The grooms dinner was thirty minutes away but if I had been there instead of walking to grab cash and car, I would have been right on time, but I wasn't, I was thirty minutes away.
A week and a day has gone by and I find myself with a horrible cold. I don't think I've been sick in a few years. It rained last night, but I wasn't outside, I was inside at a birthday party for a friend in Long Beach. Apparently because I wasn't outside, the rain decided it would eventually find me or my stuff inside. I received an email last night from my roommate informing me of a leak in my ceiling. When I returned home this morning via Metro Rail system (which is actually pretty amazing if I'm heading to Long Beach/Hollywood/Los Feliz etc.), plastic was strewn all over my floor, bed and stuff in attempts to protect everything from the water and parts of ceiling falling everywhere.
Good news though, yesterday I got my first leather briefcase/computer bag for $5 at a yard sale which just happened to be next to KCS's yard sale.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Dan said...

so... no phone... where you at bro?