Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm not "Dad" material

Yeah. I don't know why I'm even mentioning "dad" type things, but, at the moment, I know I'm not Dad material. I'm not even relationship material. I'm simply my material. My material is made up of all things me. All things "me" mean all things I can handle, all things I have a tolerance for. I have a high tolerance for all things dirty and leaky...like my ceiling. I'm okay with a leaky ceiling in my bedroom, considering the fact that I pay a good weekend out for rent. I'm cool if I don't have furniture of my own, or cutlery for that matter. I have a few pair of converse, a pair of Sperry topsiders and a decent collection of Lucky jeans. 
I have an idea, and an idea is enough for me. Of course, my idea needs a pinch of experience, equipment and money, but who's really counting? I've been done living my life for my parents a hell of a long time ago, I figure if I become successful in anyones eyes, they'll be proud that I've done anything.  
I'm my own worst enemy in my own world; so I cheated and read the last chapter where I ignore the worst enemy and started to do stuff regardless of equipment, experience and money. There isn't a sequel cause I've stopped the horrible questioning and insecurities that happen in the original. 
Like I said, I'm all things me; I'm on this journey by myself and I'm not letting anyone distract me with reponsibility or expectations that are destructive to what I want, or where I believe I'm being called to be. 
Selfish? Hm...not really, I'd say more responsible than I've ever been. 

that's it. 

2 comments:

Billy said...

for those of you who may have been confused during the sudden transition from real life story to book story, I'm sorry; if you didn't catch it, I'm saying my life is a book story and I've already read the last chapter.

Dan said...

no need to explain/qualify... I liked it.