Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I love relationships...

...so much because I am forced to learn more about myself. Not the myself I've wanted to be, or the me I've thought myself to be...but the myself I know I can be, and must be in order have that "perfect girl." I think we all know who I'm talking about ( it's not the "cook, clean, silent" type).
This is a tribute to the "perfect girl":

She's the one who tells you to stop smoking (and you actually listen...sorry mom)
She's the one who wants you to know what she's thinking and anticipate the next plan of action
She's the one who tells you to call when you get home (and you actually listen...again...sorry mom)
She's the one who offers to drive to LA to see your friends band
She's the one who watches NFL playoffs and knows you like that she's watching it with you
She's the one who likes it when you bring flowers, write tributes and say "I miss you"
She's the one who will patiently deal with your stupidity
She's the one who will order you a Guinness cause she knows it's your drink of choice
She's the one who will graciously point out the flaws, we all believe as single men, are not flaws at all
She's the one who will give options, but choose when you don't really care
She's the one who will play Texas hold 'em and kind of intimidate
She's the one who will cry on your shoulder when Harold Crick accepts his fate

But most importantly...She's the one who can see through the rebellious, prideful facade put on by the man who wanders this land looking for nothing else but the warm, sleepy love of the perfect girl who should never give him a second thought...and only by chance, the stars aligned, the clouds parted and she appeared when he was ready.

2 comments:

Sycz said...

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Carleen said...

Who DOESN'T know that Guinness is your drink of choice??????????