Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's fall

I awoke this morning to an overcast sky and the desire to walk through this friendly neighborhood of mine. I ventured easterly on Addison intending to bypass the busy Riverside boulevard lined with boring apartments and tiny shops which the populous ignore. Addison proved to be more than a simple detour from the usual road to be traveled; it is a street without walkway, lined with towering deciduous trees dressed in the finest of fall colors. In four blocks of silence, I find myself headed south toward the Starbucks; moments later, I'm in line with 13 other customers wondering why this had to be the Starbucks they chose. After a few Christmas songs over the PA and the rare star sighting, I was stirring my vente drip with whatever's in those pink packets. I sat, I sat in the big brown leather chair and listened to Tobacco while reading Bible verses. I departed the strip mall half passed the hour and ventured from whence I came. The sun eventually poked through my fall hour and dreams of the mid-west ceased. 

2 comments:

dmh said...

you must not dream of the midwest. that is a dangerous habit.

Carleen said...

Well...at least they weren't nightmares of the midwest. That's progress! ;)