Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yay! Christmas

Three beers in and I've decided to welcome in the sounds of a faithful friend, and as Ryan Adams muses me while sleepy and on my way to bed, I dream about the days to come, the friends who are and friends to come. Who am I to question what may be in my path and who am I to decide what is right and what is wrong? My mind races as I try to rest, as I try to find some hope in this place, this place of waiting. How low can one go before everything changes, before a shift happens, when nothing changes yet all things change? Going forward in confidence while all things, no, everything is out of my control...how do I go forward? There is nothing left in me where pride might feast, though self boasting may creep, it shall not build its home, for I am desolate and without a ground which to feed. You have brought me here and will do what you desire; I have no challenge, in fact, I give you all you need to take comfort. Take this desert and do what you will with it. 

No comments: