Saturday, July 25, 2009

5AM!!! Are you Effing Kidding me?

To wish for something seems like nonsense to me. I used to wish for stupid things at the Perkins restaurant "Wishing Well" before we had a treat of silver dollar pancakes, which, in itself was the very wish while waiting to be seated. Wishes after that never seemed to materialized unless they were verbally spoken so one might hear; even that seemed like a wash.
I wish. Is wishing a hope? Cause if it is, I'm down with that. But when asking a genie you hope for this or that, it doesn't make much sense when you know you're going to receive whatever you're hoping for. A wish seems more of a command in that sense doesn't it?
Wishing seems to be more of a lost cause though. I wish I were smarter, I wish I didn't marry so and so, I wish I wouldn't have voted Republican...etc. It's like a lost cause right?
The reason why I say this, and why I go to such length to explain, is because when I was about to update my blog I was about to write "I wish I could write gooder". Obviously I have made it stupid on purpose, but really, sometimes I wish I could write gooder. Then this whole thing about wishing being a lost cause came to mind, distracting me from whatever gooder thing I wanted to write. But, if wishes were hopes, then I have a chance, cause hope is cool. I think it's cool to have hope now, that's my new thing. But if wishing were a command (like to a genie), I'd already be writing gooder, but many of those who are reading, have already been able to pick out a dozen punctuation miscues...of which at, this, point I care. Not.
I wish I could erase all things I thought would end up hurting others...really...I do. I think there are a lot of those things out there, most are still outstanding. Even as I write this, I can hear the peanut gallery (so to speak) commenting "I wish you didn't write this and waste my time".
Who knows. I guess my thoughts with wishing are, we're either trying to glance back into the past, like, "I wish I never broke Biola's code of conduct and went to Ye Olde Ship that St. Patrick's day" or, looking forward, "I wish Keith and K would seriously just have a kid already!".
I don't care, it's neither here nor there, it's just the rambling of a tired, sleepy, worn out man. A man who wishes he could sleep and not think so much about ridiculous subjects.

1 comment: