Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Weekend

I decided to change things up a bit. Instead of Starbucks, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I think Starbucks is better.

The weekend update:
Dinner at Blair's in Sliver Lake was amazing! Best steak I've had in a long time.
Hookah Bar off sunset in Silverlake. Relaxing times with relaxing friend.
Breakfast at The Coffee Table in Eagle Rock. Eggs from Hell was spicy and delicious.
A few afternoon beers while watching Desparato.
Knocked Up at the Los Feliz Theatre with friends
Hollywood Hills party to top off the night.

Some would say my weekend was pretty eventful and exciting. To me, it's just another weekend in LA. I love LA. I love the Hollywood Hills and the thought of maybe one day being able to own a $3.6mil. home and lend it out to my friends when I'm gone for the weekends. I love the "stuff" to do, and choice of not doing the "stuff" and just staying in (in LA).

Laguna Niguel is a different story. Not much going on, not a whole lot of options, more families than trendy types. Not really exciting. The choice to stay in is not really a choice at all, it's inevitable. I spent 2hours and 15minutes on the 5fwy. last friday to have an incredible weekend with friends. I don't really mind the drive once I'm where I want to be. Some may disagree, but for right now, at this time in my life, LA is the shit.

4 comments:

J. Giunta said...

I think LA is just shit.

Unknown said...

nice to see you again

dmh said...

I like LA. I do not like traffic, but i like the bars, beaches, restuarants, music, films, and tacos.

also, i will use your house. make sure there is a spa.

dmh said...

oh and i hate starbuck regular coffee. it is burnt tasting. i like their speciality drinks much though. whatever is promoted, i drink. especially christmas time pepperminty tasting treats.